Faster, safer and more resource-saving than ever
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6 is now available
It has taken more than one year in development and while the design remains familiar there are dozens of technical improvements. Want to know more? Please read on for the details of the most important changes.
What's new in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6?
- Completely re-written dual scan engine framework for multi-core optimizations.
- 450% speed improvement on average – with the same things being scanned.
- Advanced caching for self optimizing scans – it gets faster with every scan.
- New direct disk access scan mode for better rootkit detection (TDL-3, ZeroAccess, TDL-4, Sinowal).
- Changed scan presets - added Rootkit scan, excluded Cookie scan.
- Improved false positive handling.
- Desired actions to be taken on scan completion can be set before the scan now, too.
- The postfixes of infections were changed to !E1 and !E2.
- New animation during active scans.
- User interface simplifications for better usability.
- Added loading scan engine animation in security setup wizard.
- Missed scheduled scans can optionally be run on next program startup.
- Significantly reduced performance impact of the file guard with smart caching.
- Optimizations to strongly speed up the boot process.
- Reduced false positives in real world use due to internal rating system.
- File guard file extensions list can now be reset to defaults.
- Internal and custom host blocker rules can be viewed more conveniently now.
- Re-organized the guard tray icon menu to provide quick access to common features.
- User accounts are no longer required. Switched to a simple key-based system.
- Simplifications in license dialogs.
- New referral rewards program to obtain a full version license for free by referring new users.
- Get 1 month for free by referring another 1 month trial user.
- Get 6 months for free by referring a buying customer.
- New long term customer bonus program – renewals get 5% cheaper every year.
- Improved notification when license is about to expire soon.
- Each license is limited to use on one computer now.
- Settings can now be exported and imported by category.
- Added security prompts to confirm final deletion of files, rules or logs.
- Added newsletter subscription link in news area.
- Improved update system for greater stability of online updates.
- No more use of the registry to store settings – using ini files now.
- Code cleanup and improvements to avoid potential crashes and hangs.
- Simplified the setup process significantly.
- Removed the trojan horse animation.
How you can obtain Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6
Do you already own a valid Emsisoft Anti-Malware license? Perfect - as usual, the upgrade is 100% free for you. Please simply run an online update (it asks to uninstall the old version first), or if you don't currently have Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed, you can download the setup file from our product page. Don't have a license yet? No problem, just download the setup file as well and make use of our 30 day trial.
Please note that Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 now asks for a license key instead of a user account. You can find this license key in the Emsisoft Customer Center (choose "Manage Licenses" on the left).
How to buy a full version
A full version license of Emsisoft Anti-Malware costs US $40.- and includes all signature and software updates for one year.
For just US $50.- we recommend purchasing the full Emsisoft Internet Security Pack which contains Emsisoft Anti-Malware and our award winning Online Armor Firewall.
Our Emsisoft surf tips:
- Test: Anti-Malware 6 against real Malware - on Youtube: Anti-Malware-Reviews.com
- New: Details about EXE files: IsThisFileSafe.com
- Become a fan on Facebook.