Atera is a fully featured Remote Monitoring and and Management (RMM) solution for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Atera users can license the following Emsisoft products through their Atera billing plan at affordable monthly license fees:
- Emsisoft Enterprise Security + EDR
- Emsisoft Business Security
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home
Please follow the account activation instructions as described by Atera.
Note that if you already have an Emsisoft partner account you will need to set up a new account using a different email address to use the Atera integration.
Using Emsisoft with Atera
We created a step-by-step guide to help you with the integration.
Creating site and adding devices to the site.
- Login to Atera and go to Sites, then click on New Site. Enter Emsisoft for Site Name and click Create.
- After the site is created, the site page will be displayed with no devices present. Click on Install an Agent to download the agent installer.
- On the download agent installer page, select the appropriate device OS, and click Next.
- On the download page, there are multiple options to download the installer. Please select the option that is more convenient for you. In this case, we selected to copy and share the installer download link with the end user. Once the download link is copied, click Done.
- Paste the downloaded link in your browser to download the installer. Once downloaded, install the agent on the device.
- After the Atera agent installation on the device is done, the device will appear on your site’s devices list.
- Repeat the procedure to install the agent and add other devices to this site.
Uploading Emsisoft Protection scripts to Atera.
You must have the Emsisoft_Setup.ps1 and Emsisoft_Compliance.ps1 scripts downloaded into your local machine. You can download the script here.
- Go to Admin page then click on the Scripts icon button.
- On the Scripts page, click on the Upload script button.
- On the Upload Script form, enter Emsisoft Compliance as the Description. Click on the Browse button and open the Emsisoft_Compliance1.ps1 file then set Category = Emsisoft. Click the Upload button once done.
- To upload the Emsisoft Protection Setup script, click the Create Script button on the Scripts page.
- In the Create script page, fill out the Script Name and Script description as below. Click More script properties to fill out the Category field. In the Script editor field, copy and paste the contents of the Emsisoft_Setup.ps1 file. Click the Create button once done.
Setting up threshold profile
- Click Admin, then Thresholds.
- In the Threshold Profiles page, click on Add Profile. Input the profile name Emsisoft profile, then click Save.
- After adding the threshold profile, you may now start adding threshold items. Click on New Item to add one.
- In the Threshold Item entry screen, click on Script Based then input Emsisoft Protection Compliance in the Alert title. Click the Select button in the Monitoring Script field.
- In the Select Script window, click the Select button beside the Emsisoft_Compliance script.
- After adding the threshold item click the Save button.
Assigning threshold profile to site and monitoring alerts
- Go to Sites then click on Emsisoft site name to open the site details.
- In this page you will see the devices assigned to Emsisoft site. Click on the Assign Threshold Profile icon button to assign a profile.
- Select Emsisoft protection profile as the threshold profile, then click Apply.
- You can now start monitoring the alerts by going to the Alerts page. Below screenshot shows that machine VMBox’s File Guard and Behavior Blocker protections are not enabled, and last scan doesn’t meet the set compliance hours.
Running the Emsisoft protection setup script
- Click on Sites and select Emsisoft On this page, click on the Run script button.
- Click on Select Agents dropdown selection and select which device you want to run the Emsisoft protection setup. Click Close when done.
- Find Emsisoft protection setup script from the list then click Run.
- Input the install token variable then click Run Script
- Once the script has finished running, a summary will be shown.