A truly global company
Emsisoft is based in New Zealand, but our reach is global. Our team is composed of the most dedicated and talented people for the job, working in all corners of the world. We at Emsisoft don't know physical or cultural boundaries. We are all part of a diverse group of experts that create the best possible malware protection software for all.
Full Stack Node.js Developer
Do you have a passion for creating beautifully designed and well-crafted backend systems capable of scaling and serving up to hundreds of requests per second? Are you ready to push the boundaries of your experience and in the process create some of the best work of your life? If so, here is your chance to join Emsisoft and help us shape the future technologies that protect millions of users daily from the dangers lurking on the internet.
Here at Emsisoft, we follow our passion. As one of the premier companies exploring behaviour-based malware detection, we understand that the key to success lies in hiring smart, passionate people. Our success also relies on keeping product cycles short, which allows for constant evolution and enables us to stay one step ahead of our inflexible and uninspired competition.
You will join a team of diverse specialists and create the core of what makes our products successful: A malware protection solution that our users love and bad guys dread. Working primarily with Node.js, MongoDB, Express.js and a wide range of popular open source libraries, you will have a direct and immediate impact on the security of millions of end-users.
Do you have what it takes?
To make sure you have a clear picture of the type of candidate we are looking for, here are a couple of questions to guide you. If these make you giddy in anticipation and you believe you can answer them all with an honest "yes", then this job may be exactly what you are looking for.
- Do you know about the intricacies of multi-threading and race conditions that may occur in systems handling a large number of requests in parallel?
- Is developing and debugging in Node.js second nature to you and do you often find yourself thinking about the security implications of your decisions?
- Do you spend more time on Stack Overflow answering other developer’s questions than looking for answers?
- Are you the kind of person that enjoys modeling data and coming up with views, lookup tables, keys and schemas before jumping into implementation?
- Do you embrace the new challenges that the constantly evolving threat landscape creates?
- Do you enjoy working in small teams with an incredibly diverse and multicultural background?
What you will be doing together with us:
- Build the backend systems that power Emsisoft's flagship product.
- Design and scale REST-based API endpoints.
- Write beautiful code accompanied by good documentation and full-coverage unit tests.
- Remote work on a highly flexible schedule: The only requirements are a stable internet connection and participation in daily scheduled meetings.
Our requirements are as lean and simple as our products. We are looking for long-term developers with at least 3 years of experience in the following technologies:
- Express.js and PHP are a plus
If you are ready to do the most important work of your life and help eradicate the malware threat once and for all, please apply now. Please send your CV and, if available, a link to your Github and Stack Overflow account to [email protected] and we will be in touch with you shortly.