Do you have a passion for creating beautifully designed and well-crafted frontend systems capable of making even complicated workflows seem easy and effortless? Are you ready to push the boundaries of your experience and in the process create some of the best work of your life? If so, here is your chance to join Emsisoft and help us shape the future technologies that protect millions of users daily from the dangers lurking on the internet.
Here at Emsisoft, we follow our passion. As one of the premier companies exploring behaviour-based malware detection, we understand that the key to success lies in hiring smart, passionate people. Our success also relies on keeping product cycles short, which allows for constant evolution and enables us to stay one step ahead of our inflexible and uninspired competition.
Do you have what it takes?
To make sure you have a clear picture of the type of candidate we are looking for, here are a couple of questions to guide you. If these make you giddy in anticipation and you believe you can answer them all with an honest “yes”, then this job may be exactly what you are looking for.
- Do you know about the intricacies of frontend Vue.js development and common its common pitfalls like the introduction of memory leaks?
- Is developing and debugging asynchronous systems second nature to you and do you often find yourself thinking about the performance implications of your decisions?
- Are you the kind of person that enjoys modeling data and component interactions, looking for ways to take advantage of design patterns like mixins before jumping into implementation?
- Do you embrace the new challenges that the constantly evolving threat landscape creates?
- Do you enjoy working from home in small teams with an incredibly diverse and multicultural background?
What you will be doing together with us:
- Build the frontend that sits on top of our internal research backends and is used by our researchers to stay one step ahead of our adversaries.
- Write beautiful code accompanied by good documentation and full-coverage unit tests.
- Remote work on a highly flexible schedule: The only requirements are a stable internet connection and participation in daily scheduled meetings.
Our requirements are as lean and simple as our products. We are looking for long-term developers with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Python as a backend language are a big plus.
- Knowledge of common source control systems like Git.
- Fluent communication skills in English.
- You are an independent developer that is not tied to any agency or outsourcing company. Applications from agencies and outsourcing companies even on behalf of independent developers will be ignored.
What we offer
- Great work life balance that comes with remote working. No traveling required.
- Long term, 40h/week full-time career opportunity, working in an interesting field as part of a growing multi-cultural company.
- Semi-flexible work hours providing the short daily meetings are covered.
- Your job will be completely location independent, assuming you have access to a reasonably fast and stable Internet connection.
- Opportunity to grow and make a difference in a widely respected antivirus company.
- Competitive salary.
If you are ready to do the most important work of your life and help eradicate the malware threat once and for all, please apply now. Please send your CV and, if available, code examples of your previous work to [email protected] and we will be in touch with you shortly.