A truly global company
Emsisoft is based in New Zealand, but our reach is global. Our team is composed of the most dedicated and talented people for the job, working in all corners of the world. We at Emsisoft don't know physical or cultural boundaries. We are all part of a diverse group of experts that create the best possible malware protection software for all.
Front End Web Developer (BS4) - Antivirus/Anti-Malware
Emsisoft is searching for a front end web developer. Bring your bootstrap 4 and remote working experience to the exciting cybersecurity industry and enjoy the flexibility that comes with 100 percent location-independent working!
Emsisoft is committed to creating the best possible malware protection software for Windows. A truly global company, the Emsisoft team is made up of a diverse group of 40 experts located in 20 countries around the world. We pride ourselves on ethical work practices and never do things just to make a quick buck. Join the battle for good as we fight the bad guys and work to protect users everywhere against online threats.
As front end web developer, you’ll be responsible for the visual layer between our cloud technology and our customers.
This is a fantastic role for someone who has a strong background in bootstrap 4 development. In return, we offer total location independence, a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in an exciting industry as part of a growing company.
What you’ll be doing
- HTML/CSS/JS development: Create and maintain visual interfaces for our web API based functionality, using a bootstrap 4 environment.
- Project coordination: Orchestrate tasks within the team with time planning to meet project deadlines.
- Quality assurance: Make sure that only high quality results are being released to customers. Work closely with our QA team.
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years hands-on experience in web frontend development.
- Extensive experience in Bootstrap development.
- Knowledge of common source control systems like Git.
- Knowledge of Angular/AngularJS is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics code.
- A strong can-do attitude. You can get things done on time.
- Ability to learn quickly and acquire missing information independently. You are always interested in acquiring new knowledge that helps you do your job better every day.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What we offer
- Safe, long-term employment (30-40 hours/week) as an independent contractor.
- Semi-flexible work hours providing the short daily meetings are covered.
- Completely location independent role, assuming you have access to a reasonably fast and stable Internet connection.
- Opportunity to work in an interesting field as part of a growing multicultural company.
What we're not looking for
- An SEO agency.
- A web design agency.
- Any other kind of agency you can think of. We’re looking for specific individuals whose values and skills are aligned with our team, not hiring managers.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? We’d love to hear from you. Send us your C.V. and cover letter to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch.