We have updated our licensing model and the way it assigns devices to the available seats. This means that you no longer have to worry about exceeding the seat limit. For your convenience we have simplified things and you can now count on a solid seat allocation model where each device is assigned to a unique seat within your license plan.
This method allows an easier management of your devices and provides a clear view on the seat availability. Thanks to this method we will also notify you if there are too many devices used compared to the available seats.
If you find yourself with more devices than seats, there are two alternatives that you can choose from: free up a seat or upgrade your license.
Free up seats by removing unused devices.
- Sign into http://my.emsisoft.com , choose your Workspace and find the device that is no longer in use. You can use the column: ‘Last Updated’ to easily spot the unused devices.
- On the right side of the device listed, click on the icon with the three vertical dots and choose: ‘Remove protection’. Note that it might be shown as: ‘Clear seat’ instead.
For larger MSPs or resellers, we recommend using the: ‘Bulk action’ if necessary.
- In the Workspace page, click: ‘All devices’, sort by: ‘Last update’ column, click the menu: ‘Bulk action’, select ‘Bulk action’: ‘Remove protection’.
- Select the devices with the oldest update, and click the button: ‘Apply’. This will remove all old devices from all Workspaces at the same time.
Upgrade your license to protect more devices.
- At your MyEmsisoft portal on https://my.emsisoft.com , click on your Workspace and then on ‘Settings’. From there you can choose the new total amount of seats for the plan of your choice.
- You can then click on: ‘Upgrade now’ to be forwarded to a shopping cart and access it’s final price.
Clear and Informative Error Messages.
If your Workspace has no available seats, Emsisoft will display a clear and informative error message, guiding you on the next steps to take. This ensures that you are always in the loop and can take the necessary actions to manage your licenses effectively.
Need help or have questions?
Our customer support team is always here to help. If you have any questions about these changes or need assistance with managing your licenses, please don’t hesitate to contact us.