Some types of websites are known to have a negative impact on productivity, and others shouldn’t be accessed by workers (or children) at all. The Content Filtering feature allows you to block the following categories of websites with a single click:
- Unwanted programs: Websites that contain adware downloads and other sites that are misleading or have negative effects on your privacy.
- Porn: Websites engaged in the distribution of content not suitable for minors.
- Gambling: Websites related to online gambling, including virtual poker, casinos and sports betting.
- Social Media: Websites that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
- Fake News: Websites that deliberately publish fake news such as hoaxes, propaganda, and disinformation purporting to be real news.
What are the sources?
We partner with StevenBlack and ScamAdviser to keep our filtering always relevant and up to date. Websites are added to and removed from a dynamic list on a daily basis. If you believe that a website should not be blocked or flagged, you can manually add it to the Web Protection custom host rules and set it to ‘Don’t Block’ or click ‘Allow’ on the Web Protection notification.
How to enable Content Filtering
You can find the new settings exclusively in the Emsisoft Management Console. You can enable filtering either on the device level in Protection Settings, or for entire groups of devices in the Workspace Protection Policies.
Note that these settings won’t be available in the Emsisoft endpoint protection software on your desktop. They can only be configured by the workspace administrator through the Emsisoft Management Console for security reasons.