Emsisoft Emergency Kit uses the same scanner technology as Emsisoft Anti-Malware, which means it’s possible to build your own portable Emsisoft Emergency Kit using the existing components in the software. Any missing resources will be downloaded.
To do so:
- Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
- Click the blue tab “Scan & Clean”
- Click “Emergency Kit Maker”
- Choose a destination.
- Using the “Save to” button, specify a portable device or folder on your hard drive to save the files to, such as a flash drive you’ve connected to the computer. Note that the files will be put directly in the folder selected, so you may wish to create an “EEK” folder for example, that is empty, to install to.
- Click the “Create Emergency Kit” button.
After the Emsisoft Emergency Kit has been created, it can be found in the destination specified in step 3. You can then use it to scan and clean computers of malware infections without having to download the entire package from our website. Your newly created kit includes the latest detection updates, and can be launched with the “Start Commandline Scanner” program found in the folder chosen.