Submit a suspicious file
If you have discovered a potentially malicious file/s that isn't detected by Emsisoft Anti-Malware, you can send it to our analysis team for further investigation by uploading it here.
Uploading suspicious files benefits everyone who uses Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The faster we know about new malware, the sooner you will receive an update to protect against it.
- First, choose the file you want to upload by clicking the 'Choose...' button on the right.
- A new window will be opened showing you the files and folders on your computer.
- Find the folder on your computer where you stored the file you want to upload.
- Once inside the folder, select the appropriate filename in the browse window.
- Click the filename once and the filename will be transferred to the smaller filename box.
- Click the open button. The browse window will close and the filename will be listed next to the "Select File" field on the webpage below.
- Underneath the "Select File" field is the "Description" field. Click on it to enter any information you know about the file(s) you are submitting, such as the name and what effect it had on your system.
- Click upload once and wait for the confirmation page to be displayed.
Important Note! Please don't upload files larger than 100 MB. If you have a larger malware collection, please contact us directly.
Please only click the upload button once and wait until the confirmation page is displayed. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your connection and how big the file(s) are that you are uploading. If you want to continue surfing then please open another browser window.