To migrate an Emsisoft Anti-Malware license seat to a different computer, follow the steps below:
1. Remove the program from the old computer through Windows Start > All Programs > Emsisoft Anti-Malware and use the Uninstall option, or use the standard Windows “Uninstall a Program” or “Apps” list depending on the Windows version used. If the computer is no longer working you can disregard the uninstallation.
2. Sign into http://my.emsisoft.com find the old computer in the Workspace or personal license list as applicable. On the right side of the machine’s entry, click on the icon with the three vertical dots and choose “remove protection”. Note that it might be shown as “Clear seat” instead.
3. Download the latest version of our software to the new computer directly by logging into your MyEmsisoft account, then clicking the “Download and install protection” button on the upper-right side of the page to download the installer. Do not rename the file that is downloaded, because the long name is required for activation to work properly.
4. Run the downloaded installer, and it should take care of installing and/or activating with your subscription for you. If you already have Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed, the installer will not appear to do anything when you run it, but it will activate Emsisoft Anti-Malware with your subscription.
5. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware, or wait for it to open if this is a new installation, and click on “Update Now” in the lower right to update and synchronize with your subscription.
Note: If you have any other active antivirus on the computer, we recommend uninstalling that software and restarting the computer prior to installing Emsisoft Anti-Malware.